You qualify for a free NHS-funded sight test if you are:
• Under 19 and in full-time education
• 60 or over
• Registered as blind or partially sighted
• diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
• 40 or over with an immediate relative diagnosed with glaucoma
• at risk of glaucoma (as advised by an ophthalmologist)
• eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher
You are entitled to a free NHS sight test, as well as help towards the cost of your glasses, if you or your partner receive:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (not Contribution-based)
• Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
• Working Tax Credit and are named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption card
• Receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (not Contribution-based)
• Are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
If you’re named on an NHS
certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3), you may get some help towards the cost of your sight test.
You’ll be asked to show proof that you’re entitled to a free NHS sight test. For more information, see the NHS leaflet Help with health costs (PDF, 287.10kb, opens in new window). This leaflet explains which documents you will need to prove that you’re entitled to a free NHS eye test.
For more information about NHS entitlement please contact a member of staff.
FREE HOME VISITS (DOMICILIARY EYE CARE)
Eye Care is particularly important as we get older as poor vision can contribute to personal accidents and an increasing sense of isolation and frustration.
We are happy to provide free home eye care for anyone over 60, or eligible for an NHS funded sight test, who can't get to their optician without assistance.
As well as providing spectacles when required, the eye examination can readily detect treatable ocular conditions such as cataract, glaucoma and macular degeneration. In addition, the early signs of general medical conditions such as diabetes or hypertension can be highlighted even before the patient develops other symptoms.
We provide our patients with the same professional and caring service in their homes as they receive in our practice. We always allow sufficient time to conduct a comprehensive eye examination and provide a wide range of spectacle frames and lenses at very affordable prices. This includes a range of free glasses for those patients eligible for an NHS Optical Voucher.
We comply fully with the Domiciliary Eye Care Committee’s Code of Practice for Domiciliary Eye Care and are regulated by Stockport Primary Care Trust and the General Optical Council.
Hantman Eye Care
122 Turves Road
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:
Tel: 0161 488 4846